All are welcome to the Milton Community Dinner Series, featuring freshly prepared, healthy foods! The dinners are located at the Milton Elementary/Middle School cafeteria from 4:30pm to 7:00pm. If you’re strapped for time and can’t stay, fear not, take out is available! If you are able to stay, we encourage you to check out the booths set up from local vendors and organizations offering healthy tips for you and your family. There is no formal charge for dinner but donations are greatly appreciated.
The community dinners are sponsored by the Milton Town School District Wellness Grant, Milton Community Youth Coalition’s Community Design Task Force, the Vermont Department of Health and local businesses, farms and organizations.
2016 Upcoming Dinner Dates
- February 11th – at Milton Middle School
- April 1st – at Milton High School
- June 9th – at Milton Farmers’ Market (rain location of MMS)
Past dinners have included:
- Community Dinner kick-off with celebrating the harvest for the fall.
- Short Film & Discussion on HBO’s Weight of the Nation, asking community members “as Milton grows, how does community design (i.e. sidewalks, parks, green spaces, bike paths) affect our health and well being?”
- A gardening inspired dinner theme. Featuring d
inner cooked by Milton students, i
nteractive seedling planting, f
arm-to-school taste testing table, s
chool and community garden Information, and a
Milton Public Library garden resource table.
- “Let’s Move” Dinner featuring Green Mountain Derby Dames, Champ, Zumba, bicycle powered smoothies, stretching workshop, Intro to Running workshop and a delicious BBQ dinner!
- A Thanksgiving meal cooked by Milton Middle School students.
- Alumni Night at the Milton High School, bringing together and celebrating past Milton graduates.
- A delicious meal partnered with the Milton Middle School’s Science Fair. Guests had the opportunity to view science projects entered into the Science Fair competition.